Thursday, March 12, 2009

Aphrodisus

We had a vary long travel day today. It was just over 2 hours each way. The view was really pretty though. We were able to see snow-capped mountains everywhere we looked.

We went to see Aphrodisus, which is a city with a temple to Aphrodite - the goddess of love. This city also had a special school to make statues. There were so many statues to see, and I can't put all of them up here.

We also saw the temple, the agora and the stadium. The stadium was so big. Dr. Knust took a picture with me there. We look so small in that big space. Jeri Katherine went for a fun in it. Then she stopped to take this picture with me. I like her funny face.

Tomorrow everyone gives presentations on the places they have been studying. I know they are worried, but I know they will do just fine. They have worked so hard trying to understand so much information. I'm really proud of them.

See you tomorrow!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment